Orlando Criminal Defense Attorney
Florida Criminal Defense Lawyer Serving Clients in Orlando
Facing criminal charges in Florida is extremely serious and could result in a life-altering conviction. Whether you are facing a first offense for a misdemeanor or a subsequent offense for a felony charge, it is essential to have an aggressive Orlando criminal defense attorney on your side. Our experienced advocates can build a defense that is specific to the facts of your case, and we may be able to negotiate with the prosecutor to lessen the charges you are facing.
We know that people make mistakes and deserve a defense, and we also believe that many people are wrongly accused of crimes they did not commit. The attorneys at Greater Orlando Family Law can speak with you today about getting started on your defense.
Types of Criminal Law Cases We Handle in Orlando
We assist clients with many different types of criminal defense strategies in Florida, including but not limited to defense for the following charges:
- Driving under the influenceof drugs or alcohol (DUI);
- Traffic offenses;
- Drug offenses, including possession and trafficking charges;
- Domestic violence allegations;
- Violent crimes;
- Sex crimes;
- White collar crimes;
- Embezzlement; and
- Computer crimes.
Criminal offenses can vary greatly, with significantly different repercussions depending upon the type of offense and whether the defendant is a first-time offender.
Why Should I Hire an Orlando Criminal Defense Attorney?
An experienced defense attorney in Orlando can help you to fight the charges you are facing. It is extremely important to understand the ways in which Florida criminal laws work, and the possible defenses available in your case.
Even in situations where the best defense strategies are not applicable, an experienced defense lawyer can negotiate with the prosecutor in an attempt to have your charges reduced. In particular, for first-time offenders, it may be possible to have the charges reduced from a felony offense to a misdemeanor offense.
Penalties for Criminal Convictions in Orlando
The penalties for a criminal conviction in Florida are severe. While each type of criminal offense has its own classification, we will provide you with information about the possible penalties for a criminal conviction under Florida law (Fla. Stat. §§ 775.082-775.083):
- Capital and life felony offenses: Punishable by the death penalty or life imprisonment, as well as a fine of up to $15,000. Examples include first-degree murder.
- First-degree felony offenses: Punishable by a term of imprisonment of up to 30 years and a fine of up to $10,000. Examples include rape and other sex crimes, and certain situations involving drug trafficking.
- Second-degree felony offenses: Punishable by a term of imprisonment of up to 15 years and a fine of up to $10,000. Examples include statutory rape and certain drug sales.
- Third-degree felony offenses: Punishable by up to 5 years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000. Examples include auto theft.
- First-degree misdemeanor offenses: Punishable by up to one year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. Examples include simple battery, domestic violence, and DUIs.
- Second-degree misdemeanor offenses: Punishable by up to 60 days in jail and a fine of up to $500. Examples include simple assault and certain traffic offenses.
Contact an Orlando Criminal Defense Attorney
Are you facing criminal charges? It is extremely important to have an experienced criminal defense attorney in Orlando on your side to help build your defense. Upon conviction, you could face serious penalties including a lengthy term of imprisonment, not to mention the repercussions of having a criminal record once you have served your sentence. The advocates at our firm can get started on your defense today. Contact Greater Orlando Family Law to learn more about how we serve clients in criminal cases.