Switch to ADA Accessible Theme
Close Menu
Orlando Family Attorney > Orlando Family Law > Orlando Past Due Support Collection Attorney

Orlando Past Due Support Collection Attorney

Orlando Family Lawyers Committed to Helping Our Clients Recover Past Due Child Support or Past Due Spousal Support

Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for people to fall behind on their family support obligations. In too many cases, people miss child support payments or spousal support payments that they have the financial resources to make. If your former partner has fallen behind on their payments, you need to take immediate action to protect your rights. You have options available to collect overdue support.

At Greater Orlando Family Law, our aggressive Orlando past due support attorneys have the skills and legal knowledge needed to help you collect past due support. Whether you are owed child support or owed alimony, our law firm is here to ensure that you can recover every penny that you deserve. To get set up a free, no obligation review of your case, please contact our Orlando office today.

Be Proactive: Immediate Action Will Make it Easier to Collect

If your former partner has fallen behind on their support obligations, you need to be ready to take action. They have a legal duty to make their payments on time. Under Florida state law (Fla. Stat. § 61.30), parents are required to provide basic financial support for their children. This child support should be on a regular basis. Similarly, if your former spouse owes you alimony, they have a duty to make those payments without delay. If they fail to do so, they could potentially be held in contempt of court. The further a person falls behind, the more difficult it becomes to collect the overdue amount. Do not let violations linger: Get legal help sooner rather than later.

You Have Many Legal Tools Available

Overdue child support and overdue spousal support can be collected in a number of different ways. Which specific method should be used in your case depends on a number of different factors, including how much is due, your former partner’s payment history, and your former partner’s willingness to cooperate. In some cases, out-of-court remedies are the best place to start. You may be able to negotiate a workable settlement that will ensure that you recover the most money. In other cases, you may need to take your case to court. Through legal action, you may be able to collect on past due support through a wage garnishment, a bank lien, a property lien, or even by intercepting a tax return. Your Orlando family lawyer will help you weigh all of the available options and take the appropriate action to get the money you are owed.

Are You Owed Child Support or Spousal Support?

We can help. At c, our Florida family lawyers have extensive experience handling the full range of child support and spousal support claims. We are prepared to take action to make sure that you or your children get access the full support you are owed.

If you need help collecting past due support, please contact our law firm today for a free, confidential consultation. With an office conveniently located in the heart of Orlando, we serve clients throughout Central Florida, including in Osceola County, Orange County, and Seminole County.

Share This Page:
Facebook Twitter LinkedIn